Wednesday, July 18, 2012

NEYT’s ‘Godspell’ a life changer


NEYT’s ‘Godspell’ a life changer
[To the] Editor of Reformer:
Emotionally moving, fun, humorous, serious, heart wrenching -- how can I describe the performance of "Godspell" at the New England Youth Theater last month? As an old clown and kids opened the show I wondered if I would stay awake. Returning late from intermission I watched the remainder of the show from stage level center aisle. As each youth poured her/his heart into their parts big and bit I asked the clown beside me, "Are you the director?" With tears running down my face I said, "Oh my God, what a show!" and hugged him.
Broadway acting cannot be as inspiring as these kids. I understand these performances are often life changing for the youth. It was for some of us audience.



David P. Terrell,
a visiting Buckeye,
Ohio, July 18

No comments:

Post a Comment